The Amdec Group CEO, James Wilson (front row, third from left), was invited by the Department of Trade and Industry, to announce the R14 billion Harbour Arch mixed-use development at the South Africa Investment Conference in Johannesburg, hosted by President Cyril Ramaphosa.
The President has set robust targets for job creation and economic growth, to rouse the South African economy.
His opening address highlighted some key figures:
- He lauded the work of his four Presidential investment envoys and their efforts at garnering projects and support.
- He talked about the establishment of 10 special economic zones in strategic locations around the country where investors can produce and export value-added products.
- He mentioned nine companies that intend to set up factories by January 2021, entailing an investment of around R3.6 billion and the creation of 6,700 direct jobs.
Harbour Arch compares favourably. Take a look at a few of its numbers:
- R14 billion development
- At least 13,000 construction jobs
- 5.8 hectare site to be developed
- 198,000m2 of usable space
- R2.4 billion increase in household income for Cape Town
- R90 million infrastructure upgrade for City of Cape Town
Click here to read the President’s opening address for more on the ambitious plans aimed at getting our country working again.